Friday, January 27, 2012

Just Grin and Bear It

“I want to fast because I believe it would do wonders
for me, but how can I fast and yet escape the great feeling
of hunger that the first 3 days of fasting produces?” That
is the question that is put to us many, many times when
I discuss the Miracle of Fasting at our Bragg Health
Crusade lectures all over the world. We can give only
one answer “Just Grin and Bear It.”
“I tried a fast once, but I got weak and felt miserable,
I just had to start eating.” We often hear this excuse.
Nowhere in this book have I stated that fasting is
easy. Eating regularly has become such an ingrained part
of people’s lives that, if you take food away from them,
they experience many mental and physical reactions.
That is the very reason why fasting is not popular.
Humans are creatures of strong habits. Most people
automatically eat 3 or more meals every day and not
because they have earned their food with physical activity.
They have been brainwashed to believe everyone should
eat at certain hours for three regular mealtimes.
Patricia and I had the pleasure of being invited to the
grand opening of the fabulous Mauna Kea Hotel, on the
Island of Hawaii. It was an American-plan hotel, which
means the cost includes meals. Breakfast started at 7:30
am, luncheon began at 12:30 pm and dinner at 7 pm.
We passed the dining room at these hours, the guests
were all eagerly waiting for the doors to open so they
could get at the expansive buffet.
Were they hungry at exactly these hours? How could
they be? Most of the guests did nothing but relax on
the beach, socialize, drive golf carts, play cards or read!

No comments:

Post a Comment