Friday, January 27, 2012

The Ideal Elimination Program

In my own life, by living on a diet which is rich in
bulk, moisture, water and lubrication, I have established
the following good elimination habits. I have a bowel
movement shortly after arising. I encourage this by a few
waist twists and leg kicks (pg. 118) to help give me good
elimination. I told you, I don’t eat breakfast because I
believe the No Heavy Breakfast Plan is healthier. Several
hours after arising I then eat delicious organic fresh fruits
or a dish of fresh sliced pineapple, banana, orange,
papaya, etc., or Bragg Pep Drink or dish of prunes or
sundried apricots soaked in pineapple juice. At noon I have
my first real meal of the day, usually Bragg Raw Vegetable
Salad page 231. I often add avocado to my salad – veggies
and avocados are excellent lubricants in promoting
healthy elimination for the gastrointestinal tract.
I make it a hard and fast rule to always eat my salad
first. I do this for several reasons. First I think we must
educate our 260 taste buds to accept only natural foods.
Therefore when you have raw foods, either a raw vegetable
salad or a fruit salad to start the meal, you educate your
taste buds to enjoy and want clean, live, healthy foods!
Most people start a meal with a broth or soup with
sandwiches or bread. This is wrong in my opinion! To
make the taste buds keen, sharp and alive – having your
raw health salad or fresh fruits first starts the digestive
juices flowing for raw foods are rich in natural healthy
enzymes. All this contributes to good nutrition. I urge
you to always eat something raw at the beginning of
each meal. You will find in time your taste buds will
begin to reject devitalized, unhealthy foods that you may
be tempted to eat. As you re-educate the taste buds to
enjoy more fruits and salads, you will find that you can
and should increase the daily amount of raw, live foods
you eat to 60% to 70% of your total intake – it’s the healthiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment